How do some salespeople just seem to have that magic touch? How do they find the ‘right’ prospects and close them all the time? What makes them great?
The fact is that in whatever field you look into; the greats have certain traits that make them successful and salespeople are no different.
In Cardone Academy, Grant Cardone lists the 60+ traits of great salespeople and we have included 5 of them here for you:
1. GREAT SALESPEOPLE QUIT THINKING ABOUT JUST A SALE AND START THINKING ABOUT A BUSINESS
The greats don’t just think about making that one sale, but instead focus on building a long-term relationship so that they can create a business with that client for life.
- Giving up a little profit, putting in some extra time, or going that extra mile on a deal because of the long-term opportunity with the client can pay huge dividends in the long run.
2. GREAT SALESPEOPLE ALWAYS OVERPROMISE AND OVERDELIVER!
The greats commit big and deliver even bigger. They make big claims about the product, service, or even themselves and do whatever it takes to overdeliver on those claims; it is about making your customer confident in their choice of working with you.
- Promise your customer you will run 2 free trainings for them as part of your package which is something you don’t normally do. Then when it comes time to deliver, run 3-4 free trainings instead and overdeliver on your promise.
3. GREAT SALESPEOPLE DO NOT VIEW SALES AS LOST SALES!
Great Salespeople understand that failed sales are an equal contributor to their business as successful sales. They see all deals as part of the process and don’t track just their successful deals throughout the day. The greats identify failed sales as an investment in the future.
- You faced a particular objection for the first time and couldn’t overcome it and now are better prepared for it the next time you tackle it.
4. GREAT SALESPEOPLE ARE MADE NOT BORN!
Selling is a profession where talent and the ability to speak will only get you so far. Selling requires constant and consistent training and education and greatest salespeople understand this and is why they are always investing time, money and energy in getting better and improving their craft; they see it as a form of art, the more they practice the better they get.
- Great salespeople are made and according to a report, companies with continuous sales training reap as high as 50% higher net sales per employee than companies without (Ye, 2017).
5. GREAT SALESPEOPLE ARE NOT DEPENDENT ON THE ECONOMY.
Great Salespeople create their own economy. They understand that economic conditions will always swing back and forth and therefore the right thing is to trust in their own actions; prospecting to fill a full pipeline, following-up regularly with clients, role-playing objections, training every day.
- Instead of believing you can only be successful during a strong economy, you invest in your development, you take massive action, overdeliver to clients, build long standing relationships and work harder than those around you and when the economy slows your business continues to grow and thrive.
Now these are just 5 of nearly 65 Top Traits of Great Salespeople! Take them and compare how you or your team stacks up.
If you want access to all 65 Top Traits of Great Salespeople in quick 60 second clips, then head over to www.cardoneuniversity.com and get FREE access to Cardone Academy!