Do you have a dedicated follow-up plan that you follow with each and every customer?
Is your follow-up process as structured as your sales process?
Structured, value-based follow-up is one of the most neglected parts of selling and the majority of salespeople plain SUCK AT IT!
Don’t suck. Build a plan and follow it.
Lucky for you, we are here to help.
We have built a 10 Day Follow-up Plan that you can use with each and every customer you interact with.
Day 0 – Same Day Contact
Within the hour of contact. Call or text them.
- “Thank you for the opportunity it was a pleasure meeting with you.”
- “Any additional questions come up? What did I miss?”
- “If everything was perfect? On a scale of 1–10 where you do sit?”
Day 1 – The 24 Hour Contact
The next day you text, email or drop a video message to the prospect. In this meeting you can share different options or solutions you came up with to help them solve their problem.
- Promise your customer you will run 2 free trainings for them as part of your package which is something you don’t normally do. Then when it comes time to deliver, run 3-4 free trainings instead and overdeliver on your promise.
Day 2 – The 48 Hour Contact
Write a handwritten letter followed up by text and email.
- “It was great meeting you! I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and wanted to send you some additional information on the (product) you were looking at (include a brochure or one pager, etc).”
Day 3 – The 72 Hour Contact
Send a selfie video/walkaround video.
- “Hey (name), I wanted to show you this amazing feature on the (product) you were looking at. Check it out!”
Day 4 – The 96 Hour Contact
Value added follow-up sent via an email/text.
- “(Name), I wanted to send you this document that includes the top 10 ways to maintaine your (produce).
Day 5 – The 120 Hour Contact
Thought of you when I saw this follow-up. Send a text, email or physical mail. Do not include anything about the deal, this is purely a touch point to provide value beyond the sale and is a good relationship builder.
- “I came across this (list the thing) and thought of you. Take a look and I hope you enjoy!” (tip: make this more personal – about their hobby, etc)
Day 10 – The 10 Day Contact
Use phone call/text/email/physical card to communicate with the prospect and invite them to an upcoming event. Either one your company is hosting or another one that they would be interested in.
- “We have a great event coming up OR I know this great event is coming up and I wanted to invite you and your spouse to attend.”
Remember, follow-up is the holy grail of selling. It must be done well; it must be done consistently, and it must be done creatively.
If you are interested in getting access to Grant Cardone’s FULL 365 Day Follow-Up program, then head over to www.cardoneuniversity.com to request free access.