NO MATTER WHAT PRODUCT YOU ARE SELLING, THE FIRST RULE OF SELLING IS ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS AGREE WITH THE CUSTOMER
THIS IS THE MOST VIOLATED RULE IN ALL OF SELLING, AND IN LIFE.
Here is quick AGREEMENT drill you can run to help you get prepared for each day:
- Find a partner to drill with
- One person acts as the customer and one person acts as the sales representative
- The customer gives the sales representative a commonly heard objection. For example “it’s too much money.”
- The sales representative responds with an agreement. For example, “I’m with you. I’d feel the same way.”
- The customer gives another objection, and the sales representative responds with another agreement. Continue this way for about 1-2 minutes.
- Switch Roles
Any time the sales representative disagrees, hesitates, stumbles, gets annoyed, etc. You “flunk” them. Then give them the same objection again until they can acknowledge it with agreement smoothly.