A full pipeline can solve all problems as a sales person or as a business owner.
This is NOT to be confused with “The Customer is Always Right.” We all know that is not true.
- The customer doesn’t show up.
- The appointment cancels at the last minute.
- Prospect says to never call them again.
- You get hung up on 5 times in a row
Most people would feel depressed after these things happen to them. I mean let’s be honest having any of those things happen to you would suck.
BUT, the reality is the person with a FULL pipeline, one that is overflowing with prospects and opportunities would be way less impacted by such things.
Because they have so many other opportunities on the table that losing a few does not matter as much.
Here are four key ways you can keep your pipeline full:
- Use your powerbase – use your current network of people that you know to get referrals and add new prospects to your pipeline.
- Allocate time each day for prospecting – most salespeople do NOT make prospecting their #1 priority when it should be. Block out time in your calendar each day to prospect.
- Ask for referrals – from EVERY customer and EVERY prospect ask for referrals. Ask early and ask often. Use your current pipeline to expand your pipeline.
- Get creative – to keep your pipeline full, you have to stay in front of your current prospects to keep them engaged and interested. Find unique, fun and creative ways to stay relevant.